Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Full Info of Public Mutual Funds

Public Mutual has 88 funds which is not easy to analyse all of them just by browsing around. Investing base one word of mouth (the company, the agent, friends etc.) is really not a good practice. So its best to put all the basic info into a spreadsheet and analyse from there.

Below is a link to a spreadsheet I have compiled for my own use. All the info is gathered from Public Mutual Online yesterday. I plan to add more info to it as I go along so you may want to refer to the link instead of saving an offline copy.


For example, I want to know which bond fund I want to switch to ...
  • so I use filter to show only Bond 'category'
  • show only 1,000 initial investment
  • sort by Total Cost
I got these to choose from: (all have the lowest fee at 1.035% )
PB Islamic Bond Fund
PB Fixed Income Fund
Public Bond Fund
Public Select Bond Fund